Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Sep 14, 2021 - Census Officer in Hartlepool, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting job, out and about, always in the wrong place at the right time. - Excellent pay and benefits. - Good for your well-being, plenty of exercise, quite fun.

Cons

- Can be quite scary at times, especially in rougher areas. - Physically demanding, need moderate fitness.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very Accomodating

Oct 7, 2021 - Census Coverage Survey Interviewer in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best reasons I can think of my time at the ONS was that my working hours were completely at my discretion. Within this role, I could decide my own working hours within few very loose criteria. Additionally the pay was amazing and my superiors were super understanding. I was also covered for travel expenses too - given it involved a lo of travelling as part of the role. The role was very individual and involved minimal teamwork, although your team was there to help you when needed.

Cons

The main con of this job was that it was only temporary - were it not a temporary job, I would no doubt have stayed on!

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great colleagues, shocking leadership

Oct 7, 2021 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are supportive and the general workforce are great people who are doing their best to deliver high quality with dwindling support and resources. Always lots of vacancies, but unfortunately a lot of them because people get fed up and leave.

Cons

-Directors in HR and Comms are more interested in growing empires and feathering their own nests than genuine good of the business - BASE review, just another version of the last review, and the one before. Whoever thought naming a review that could lose people their jobs BRILLIANT should resign. - colleagues are hamstrung by dwindling support due to endless reviews and infighting at senior levels. - we talk a good talk on important areas like D&I, people development and wellbeing, but in reality it's more talk than action.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Office for National Statistics.