OfficeMax - I love working there, but the low employee number and high employee turn over combined bad management make it difficult | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

"I love working there, but the low employee number and high employee turn over combined bad management make it difficult"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naples, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naples, FL

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love helping customers, I love watching daily sales goals, and I love making the right thing for the right project for our Impress department.

Cons

Management is challenging and gives no supportive.

Advice to Management

Breath in, breath out, now go and show us a bit more respect.

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

"Beware of the max monster"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Longmont, CO

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some cool co workers and some cool customers

Cons

Be prepare to read this long message. If your a cashier you have to sell the stupid paper that is always and i mean ALWAYS on sale. if you dont sell it or if you forget to, the customer gets a coke for free. you also have to ask for maxperks, and max assurances. if you dont get either of those they will be on you like white on rice and they will glare at you with a death look.

If your salesperson again sell, sell, sell and more selling. you have to bug the living snot out of customers when they are near printers, computers and even when they walk in the door. and if they say no i am fine, you still have to walk up to them and bug them.This is why officemax is going down because you annoy the customers so much with all what i just listed above.

Impress- Oh my.....now this one is a treat. its stressful, it sucks and overall the people you get back there are like dealing with Satan himself. if you dont get the project right or do is perfectly the supervisor will be calling you the next day and asking why then they will yell at you. is that even legal? It happens when your at home

So to those who want or even thinking about working here i suggest you go work for someone else who will treat you with respect, kindness and compassion0 the management is bad the co workers you get can be ok at times but save yourself go work for someone better

Advice to Management

Be more respectful, stop yelling at us and maybe us employes will stay

"Great company if you can keep up"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you can get full-time and stay with the company for more than three years it can be really enjoyable. 21+ days of paid time off based on hours worked and years of service. 401k, affordable Delta Dental, affordable Vision(VSP). Most management members are really awesome if they havent been with the company all their life.

Cons

Poor quality health insurance through BCBS, over priced for smokers and non-smokers ~$100 a paycheck for PPO plan with a 500 deductible and 60% coverage, not really a great option unless Assistant or Store Manager. Store leadership can be crappy if they were with the company when OfficeMax was not a great company to work for 8 years ago. Extremely sales based, numbers for protection and services mean a lot about keeping your job.

Advice to Management

CEO Ravi needs to be more like exCEO Sam Duncan who cared about his employees and did monthly updates through the intranet to keep in contact with company standing.