OfficeMax - I wish the CEO would go | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

"I wish the CEO would go"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Itasca, IL
Former Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Itasca, IL

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People and middle managers

Cons

CEO is terriable & the pay could be better

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

1. "A Company that looks out for the associates that look out for the company"

Current Employee - First Shift Distribution Spec Senior in Bristol, PA
    Current Employee - First Shift Distribution Spec Senior in Bristol, PA

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Management team where I am in understanding to different associates needs. When there is an issue someone is having either in the workplace or at home, and they need to talk about it. Management will always find a way to help find a solution to guide you in the right direction, should you be seeking guidance. The work site is Very safe, they stress that as the top priority! We are kept well informed about the goings on of the company.

Cons

The only con I see is that we dont have a set schedule. I would like to know when I am leaving for the day when I go in. It makes it a little more stressful not knowing when your day is over. You can't plan for things outside the workplace on that day unless you request an 8 hour day. They are usually very good with that. They help with scheduling as much as they can.

Advice to Management

We need to be focusing on what contributes to the bottom line. If we have things inside our facility that does not contirbute to the customer experience and is using supplies and resources, ie. hours. We need to start asking how will this help our profit margin if we are spending more then were getting.

2. "Constant Negativity"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The are some great associates. You can make extra money selling MaxAssurance and Control center services.

Cons

Upper management has the "sky is falling" mentality. Unrealistic expectations and then you are held to these outrageous numbers. Sales plans are set so high that there is no doubt they will not be paying any bonuses this year.

Advice to Management

Treat your store management teams better. Define a clear career path for store managers as there is no room for growth.