OfficeMax - A decent job if you don't want to further you career little opportunity for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

"A decent job if you don't want to further you career little opportunity for growth"

Pros

Great hours and schedule and the pay was decent

Cons

No chance for growth, very micromanaged, poor benefits,

Advice to Management

Back off let the employees do there job, get rid of all the stats that don't make any sense, take a serious look at benefits there some of the worst I ever had

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

1. "Great place to work overall!"

Pros

Great management! Nice associates! Great work environment!

Cons

Problems with POS system... And pouncing in and out can be a problem at times!

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

2. "Good Store Level Management, Company run by out of touch People""

Current Employee - ImPress Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - ImPress Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at OfficeMax part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally good store level management, fun people to work with, good benefits, and overall its a pretty good company to work for.

With the exception of the 2 Cons listed below I have nothing but praise for the company.

Cons

Pay Rate - OfficeMax may pay a little better than its competitors for part time positions(Full time is the complete opposite, my counterparts at Depot and Staples make WAY more than I do), but regardless of position they also drive you MUCH harder.

Payroll - Most of the issues on a store level come from this.
    With few exceptions stores arent given enough money to staff to meet their business and when stores are overpayrolled, nothing is done about it.
    My ImPress moves about 6 grand a week with 3 people. Only 2 of which work on any given day(Its exhausting and leaves no room for a social life or a home life). A location a few miles away is lucky to do 2 grand a week and has payroll for 5 associates in ImPress alone.
    The same goes for floor operations. We arent given money to handle the constant demands for slight changes and revisions from corporate and our customers needs at the same time.
    Any increased payroll for these changes is enough to staff an extra person or 2, but not enough to make a real impact on progress.

Advice to Management

Re-Evaluate Services and how they relate to Expenses.
    If you want services to lead the way going forward, you need to support them. Better training, better technology, payroll to hire good people and train them right and you need to trust us to do our jobs.