OfficeMax - they actaully teach their employees how to be better sellers and provide good customer service | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

"they actaully teach their employees how to be better sellers and provide good customer service"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours (depending on the kind of manger u get)
was most ethical store in 2011 so the ethical value is pretty high

Cons

bad marketing of the company, 2 out of 10 people know about officemax.

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

"Good Job, Horrible Pay"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best advancement rate and amazingly strong Leadership at store level. The company is stable and was not affected by the economy. The business model breeds a hybrid of tech knowledge and enhanced customer service.

Cons

The staff are under paid for the amount of work and knowledge the bring to the table. Each store seems to have a considerable problem staying staff due to the employees not receiving proper composition for their amazing sales and technical abilities. Management above the store level seems to have become disconnected from us (management) at store level.

Advice to Management

Fix the pay scale... I am a Sales Specialist (key carrying MOD) and make less then a cashier at Costco... This is the reason I will be departing from the company.

2. "All polotics"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at OfficeMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company was taken over by another company...maybe now they will care about their employees.

Cons

So long as you make buddy buddy with corporate big wigs, are male and care only about yourself you can get away with whatever you want. I personally had filed claims with hr and the third party tip line about DMs and Managers only to be told there was nothing that would be done. Everyone back stabs each other. If you want to move up in the companybyou better have a friend in management otherwise they will just waive the idea in your face to get more work out of you for less money.