OfficeMax - Office Max has a company with change.I believe for the best. Starting to become sales driven company. Wages,benefits and | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OfficeMax

"Office Max has a company with change.I believe for the best. Starting to become sales driven company. Wages,benefits and"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance is great. In the 20+ years in retail never worked for a company that allowed you to balance like this company.

Cons

Yearly increases minimum.
 Last 6 months with Merger on the Horizon not enough support staff.

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

"Horrible place to work, Rude Management"

Current Employee - Print Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Print Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like my certain customers and the only thing that keeps me coming back. It was once a great place to work but that has gone down the drain. It was once a place I liked going to work, now I am trying to get out.

Cons

There is too many to list. Needs updated, there is too much being shoved in the customers face. Need to be more realistic in the customers eyes and not what you see it. The store I am at needs to weed out the managers. They have been with the company 20+ years and still cn't run the departments in the store. They are old, outdated and need to retire instead of sticking it out to retirement. They have no clue what they are doing and expect everyone else to do it for them. They have horrible attitudes. They harass employees and talk about them behind their backs. I have seen so many employees treated like crap until they left. If they would go the store would get better customers. Customers hate to deal with the store due to the managers low, disrespectful attitudes. Our sales ops like to scream and yell at employees in front of customer. She needs to leave and quit being a brown noser up the store managers butt. We have loss so many good managers and staff, because the store manager see no wrong it his incompetent managers running the store.

Advice to Management

Visit the store in the evening and weekends and see how it is run. Our managers tend to sit in the office on the phone or hide somewhere and do planograms. It is rude to interrupt them for any help god forbid they could handle a customer. They make the employee do it. Also, they like to put on a show when they know you are coming. Of course, all corporate hides in the office and doesn't know what the real world customer wants.

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

Can move up to promotions quickly with hard work

Cons

Can be stressful at times