OfficeMax - Ok | Glassdoor

"Ok"

Pros

The customers, being business people themselves, are easy to speak with. The print department is fun to work at. OfficeMax and Office Depot merged to make one great company.

Cons

OfficeMax introduced too many different services at one time which adds a lot of pressure on the management and associates who want to do well. There needs to be more time in between new strategies.

Other Employee Reviews for OfficeMax

1. "A nice place to work, but the future is uncertain"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at OfficeMax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Over the years, I've learned a lot in my various positions with the company. I feel that I've got a strong understanding of many different disciplines that I didn't have coming in.

Cons

The uncertainty right now is a killer. The recent merge with Office Depot has left everyone wondering if their jobs will exist a year from now - including me. There's a strong likelihood that the headquarters will move to Florida within a year or two and there will probably be a lot of lay-offs prior to that.

Advice to Management

Attempt to make sure that opportunities to move up are available and visible. There's nothing more discouraging than when the company eliminates the only position that is your avenue to a promotion.

2. "Good part time job while in school"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at OfficeMax part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a job with no experience required and little to no stress. I learned how to deal with customers and overall it was a good job to have while I was in school.

Cons

The pay was minimal and raises were few and far between. Some people also found it to be quite boring.

Advice to Management

Give the part time employees better pay. They are the face and the backbone of your business and deserve to be compensated accordingly.