Ogilvy & Mather - Ogilvy and Mather: An Intern's Review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

"Ogilvy and Mather: An Intern's Review"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Ogilvy & Mather as an intern

Pros

Amazing Company. Great People Enthusiastic about Job. Fantastic Work Environment. Location and aesthetics of the New York Office is beautiful!

Cons

Lack of complete of full exposure of the company, prevents me from finding any cons.

Other Employee Reviews for Ogilvy & Mather

"Best job I ever had"

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in New York, NY

I worked at Ogilvy & Mather full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I freelanced at Ogilvy for nearly 6 years in the creative department. You are pretty much treated like an adult...come and go as you please, as long as the work is done. The atmosphere is very laid back and team-oriented. I'm sure there are some groups within the company that are a bit tougher (depending on client, creative director, etc.) and more structured but honestly, I cannot say enough good things about this place.

Cons

The elephant in the room is the location...Eleventh and 46th is not exactly stimulating. And the commute can be tough. But the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Management

While I appreciate the efforts, having an on-site manicurist, language lessons, weekly parties and other perks is wasted money. It's difficult to rationalize the budgets for these frills when people get laid off.

2. "Only good if you are in a senior position or a local office"

Pros

Opportunity to work in different offices around the world if an opportunity arises

Cons

Do not work at the corporate head office in New York.. Lacks creativity or the feel of an agency. If you have a family there is no real understanding of the need to work at home at times when your child is sick. In terms of salary increases this is usually saved for the senior managers who expense everything. Only good if you are young and single and no responsibilities and want to work for cents.

Advice to Management

People have families and a pay increases once in a while would be nice