Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. - My employment with OD has been very rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

"My employment with OD has been very rewarding."

Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Birmingham, AL

Pros

The management encourages education and growth for their staff. The management is open to suggestions and seems to value the staff. The company pays for parking which is a great plus in the city.

Cons

I wish we weren't located downtown. Most of the staff commute into the city. Most of us drive at a minimum of 20 minutes, one-way, everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I can't think of anything negative to say. I have enjoyed my employment and look forward to a long career with this firm.

Other Employee Reviews for Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C.

1. "Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

I worked at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pro in working here

Cons

I worked in the Mexico City office as a associate and it was the worst experience of mi life. Terrible law firm with poor management in Mexico.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the managing partner

"Ogletree Overview"

I have been working at Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart P.C. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ogletree has so far been a fantastic place to work. My interview process was short and management was honest about the expectations of the position. The onboarding process was thorough and I never felt overwhelmed learning the new material. Ogletree has an online training portal to help train on new systems, which helps the learning curve. From the half a year I've been here I've felt welcomed and appreciated and most of all noticed. There is also know room for growth and promotions.
    I have been to multiple Ogletree offices and all are exhibit a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Our offices offer free Keurig coffee and tea, soft drinks, and very often have free food, lunches, snacks, etc. in the kitchens. I have been to multiple office outings (baseball games, bowling, etc.), attended the office holiday parties, and each month the office holds a Thirsty Thursday. Benefits are well balanced and work life balance is important.
    So far my experience has been absolutely wonderful and I truly feel I have found my career home.

Cons

For the first 3 years employees get 12 PTO days and 8 days of sick time. Total, I think this is a great amount but wish we could use sick time for PTO. Otherwise I have no complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep up the encouraging and positive work!