OhioHealth - Good place in Columbus | Glassdoor

"Good place in Columbus"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at OhioHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive pay, positive culture, excellent company performance. Leaders seem open to new ideas but things do not move very quickly.

Cons

Limited advancement; communication from leaders in big organizations is hard. Has anyone mastered that?

Other Employee Reviews for OhioHealth

"Not a good place for nurse practitioners"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Columbus, OH

I worked at OhioHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits for the area

Cons

My manager was an RN with no advanced degree, they promised me a set schedule of 12 hour shifts and instead changed it to 5-8 hour shifts, I already had 3 years experience as an ICU NP with procedures and they privileged me for procedures and then told me I couldn't do any, they don't understand the NP role and treat you like an intern. It took 4 months to get privileges.

Advice to Management

Get an NP to manage NPs, don't tell someone one set of hours and job responsibilities and then change it after they start and expect they will be happy in a job that is nothing like what you told them it was going to be.

2. "LPN review"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Mansfield, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Mansfield, OH

I worked at OhioHealth part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned something new every time I was floated to another floor. I had fantastic co-workers. The assistant nurse manager was fair and easy to communicate to, and she listened.

Cons

No yearly cost of living given if on FMLA. A job could be taken from a person without notice. Vacation time was taken away without notice. If you picked up extra time and your time was canceled, you were not given a 24 hour notice, not even a 10 or 5 hour notice. So you think you have to work and may be getting ready for work and then you are called one hour before your shift.

Advice to Management

Please give at least 24 hour notice if you are not needed when picking up extra time.