Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation - Friendly work environment, challenging projects. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

"Friendly work environment, challenging projects."

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are all very nice and helpful here. It seems like most of the people who work here really enjoy the work that they do which creates a very enjoyable atmosphere to be a part of. Also, there is an incredible diversity of nationalities and cultures here at the OMRF. My boss does not overly micromanage so I have a fair amount of freedom to take projects in a direction that I find interesting. There are also various events that are held on site such as research seminars, lunch gatherings, etc... Full benefits and insurance is also a plus.

Cons

The only real con I can think of is that research jobs are funding dependent so job security is based on the ability of my boss and/or myself to get grant funding for future projects. All research jobs have that limitation though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The company is great.

Other Employee Reviews for Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation

"A place to gain experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

It's a good place for postdoc, the work environment is flexible and friendly.

Cons

From my personal experience, the salary and benefits are very basic for people who do not have a MD/PhD. Even you are a graduate from the top schools, if you don't hold a doctorate, you will be treated more like a technical personnel. The benefits for you
    will not be same as post-docs graduated from ANY schools with/without any experience. Career ladder is lacking so is the salary raise. However if you are just looking for a job without much benefits/ladder, this might be for you.

Advice to Management

Overall is satisfactory

2. "Lots of opportunity to learn and try new things. Overall an exciting place to work if you're interested in biotechnology"

Current Employee - Biomedical Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Biomedical Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Knowledgeable and reputable faculty, great environment, plethora of resources, many learning opportunities, top notch science, excellent opportunities for graduate students. Great place to work if you're interested in biotechnology. Unique combination of scientific talent, reputation, and resources that you won't find anywhere but the coasts.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end (unless you're a member/PI), difficult to get to know people that are not in your lab/ department, Oklahoma City can be a difficult place to live if you're not used to it.