Okta - Awesome company - but definitely not a startup... | Glassdoor

"Awesome company - but definitely not a startup..."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely rapid growth and work with very smart people. Making connections that will last throughout my career.

Cons

Rapid growth means more employees, which from a sales perspective means smaller territories.

Advice to Management

Make sure you're always scaling appropriately, rather than adding unnecessary headcount and processes.

Okta2017-07-11
  1. "Great company!"

Current Intern - Sales

I have been working at Okta

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great culture

Cons

Not much to complain about

Okta2019-11-15
  2. "If you get the chance, take it!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Okta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Okta is genuinely the best place I've ever worked. My team is friendly, intelligent, helpful, egoless- these adjectives apply to my manager and everyone else I've met as well. The product is amazing, check the industry analysts... every company says they're the industry leader but WE ARE. The benefits are good, PTO, paid holidays, health/dental/vision etc, stock in the company which is real money since we're... a public company. In addition to the people, the product, and benefits- the pay is really good. Easily above market and then some. I'm a remote employee and I feel completely trusted and empowered to do my job. My manager is incredibly supportive and helpful, never overreaching. I feel confident that career growth is completely up to me. There is an obvious career path and if I continue to work hard and prove myself, just like the many before me, the rest will take care of itself.

Cons

I legitimately can't think of anything except there's no matching 401K at this point. I've seen some negative reviews, I'm sure there have been folks that experienced a less stellar time than I am but don't let the reviews deter you. If you apply for a job and have any concerns, I recommend using LinkedIn to check in with potential coworkers to get a better idea of their day-to-day and overall experience.

Advice to Management

Onward and upward. Continue to have trust in your employees, continue to let them captain their ships.

Okta2019-11-12

Discover more reviews about Okta.