Okta - High Growth, Big Opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Okta

"High Growth, Big Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company that is growing fast. Everyone is extremely cooperative and the opportunity for advancement is apparent in all departments. Add in a probable IPO and Okta is a pretty great spot to work.

Cons

Like any startup in high growth phase, resources can be scarce. Expect to work longer hours in an effort to close deals.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have recurring technical training in order to alleviate the burden on the SE team.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We have invested significantly in our online training and curriculum materials, and are also hosting quarterly trainings for our sales teams. Please reach out to any ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Okta

"Just finished my 2nd week at Okta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are super friendly. Company meetings are energetic. The perks are the best I have seen at any hi tech company that I have worked at (over 5 hi tech companies). Everyone works on MacBook Airs. Great location near the SF Ballpark. Lunch 3 times per week. My department head and team are open to new ideas in how to get work done and is very collaborative. We seem to have hired over 150 employees in the past year and the excitment you can feel internally.

Cons

Since I am new to the company, not to many downsides yet, I am in my honeymoon period but so far I am very impressed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open dialog between executives and employees with the weekly meetings with your transparency.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback and expect to celebrate many anniversaries with you after the honeymoon.

2. "Great company (product, people, culture, leadership, etc.)"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energetic environment that encourages innovation and input. Leadership that is focused and transparent. A product you are proud to build and support. Continual improvements as needs arise.

Cons

Business is growing so quickly that at times we all get double/triple booked. A great problem to have.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We get frustrated juggling calendars too. But as you said, it’s a good problem to have.