Okta - Great atmosphere, great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Okta

"Great atmosphere, great people"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere, great, young people. Exciting start up with a lot of potential to grow and make $$$

Cons

not enough open positions and some people are a little too distracted for upper management

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We continue to grow rapidly, and have been successful in filling open positions that are supported by the business plan with strong internal and external candidates. Please alert your manager if ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Okta

"Okta is the place to be!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okta is the greatest. We have an open work space to encourage a collaborative environment. There is a lounge on each floor with standing desks, bean bags, and sofas to change it up. We get catered lunches Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and the food is quite tasty. Happy hours every few weeks, a running group, a pickup basketball group, we have it all! Outside of the "perks" our company is build around amazing people. The executives answer any question at our weekly company-wide meeting and make time to build strong relationships with every employee from every level. Everyone who is hired here is kind and smart (and many are funny). Lots of room for growth. I could not be happier here!!!

Cons

The only con that I can really think of is that our 401K is not matched (yet). This is a perk I have not yet had at any of my jobs, and I would like to see this happen eventually here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The people-centric culture here is what makes this company great!

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

We are delighted to hear you are happy at Okta. We do review our compensation and benefits packages annually to ensure we are competitive, and will evaluate a 401k match in our next cycle.

"Collaborative, transparent, wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Okta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fabulous balance of hard work and play at Okta. Yeah it has the start up perks like ping pong, kegs, x box, etc., but it also has a culture of getting your work done and delivering results. Whether it be working until 7:30 pm (when dinner is served), or getting in at 6 am to finish a project. Okta makes it very clear that if you work hard, you can play hard. You're surrounded by some of the most intelligent and creative people in the world, and having the opportunity to work with these innovators in the software industry is the best part of working at Okta. Seriously, Todd McKinnon built Salesforce, and he eats lunch with us every day.

Cons

The hours can be a bit intense. There are no set hours at Okta, but leaving before 5 pm is unacceptable. But who cares - you'll be having fun and you won't even notice it's 8 pm.

Advice to Management

At times Okta can be so obsessed with training and enablement that it get's a bit clustered. They're still getting onboarding figured out, but it get's better every day. Right now it requires a lot of extra work from employees just to bring new people up to speed. That's part of the culture though - team work and collaboration.

Aug 26, 2014 – Lead Recruiter

Even CEO’s have to eat! We agree that onboarding can be improved, and have focused on establishing a standard curriculum and process that will require less heavy lifting each time. You will see ... More