Olark - Product Designer | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Product Designer"

Former Employee - Product Designer
Former Employee - Product Designer

I worked at Olark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my time at Olark. And will rate my future jobs based on the bar that was set for me. The management team is amazing. It is a great place to work, where your teammates and bosses really care about you in and outside of work.

Cons

It is a smaller team so if you want a clear career path there isn't a ton of room for promotion.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"One of the best remote teams + super inclusive"

I have been working at Olark full-time

Pros

Teammates are inclusive, and for a tech company of this size, there is relatively little sexism on the team. I've never worked in a place where 4 of 6 directors are female, and as a younger woman, that's cool to see.

Also really good benefits - The remote flexibility is great, also things like 3 month parental leave, big professional development budgets, annual retreat & unlimited vacations, internal promotions...Seems like there's opportunities to develop new skills or join other teams too ( member of the Triage team recently started training as a backend engineer and a CS member joined Product).

Cons

There's a lot of pressure to give feedback, probably more than in an in-person company. Everyone gets 360s evals twice a year, and there's a survey each quarter about what kinds of OKRs we want to try, and team retros too. It's an adjustment and I think it would be hard if you aren't comfortable with giving/receiving feedback on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Bring back #speakbox!

"Mixed bag"

Pros

Everyone is friendly, company takes remote first very seriously, they have a real product and real customers. Pays decently for remote engineering roles.

Cons

Completely, utterly, navel-gazing, self absorbed management. They spend all of their time thinking about reorganizations, reinventing work and patting themselves on the back for being so empathetic. Product and market are totally ignored. Hurry up and wait culture. Insane technical debt that will never be addressed.

Advice to Management

Stop congratulating yourself. Focus on the product and market and getting stuff done. Stop reorganizing and reinventing stupid culture stuff.

Discover more reviews about Olark.