Old Navy - A place to grow | Glassdoor

"A place to grow"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Store Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to lead your own business with help of company standards

Cons

long days and nights if your store is not up to those standards

Advice to Management

listen before reacting

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

1. "Average retail"

Former Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is slightly better than other similar retail stores. The discount is good and also carries over to gap, banana republic, athleta and piper lime. Employees are always fun, relaxed dress code.

Cons

Rude supervisors. In the 34th st flagship in NY, there's no real 'office culture', management and sales associates have like no interaction. Copious holiday hours, working 8 days in a row, have one day off and head back into the grind.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone to the same standards. If a sales associate ever hit a customer like one of your supervisors did, they would be fired, but if you stick around with old navy for some years and hit a customer you'll just get some unpaid time off and resume your job like nothing happened.

"Honestly, one of the worst retail jobs.. is my first and will be my last retail job after this summer!"

Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work duties are pretty common sense and easy
    Co-workers are awesome and very friendly..well at least the young ones

Cons

The 'leaders on duties' treat associates like dogs / slaves
    They are cocky [for no reason], tries so hard to intimidate associates, it just pisses me off even more.
    Horrible hours
    Even if you work hard you will still get negative treatment by the LODs
    Its funny, the 20-30 year old employees are much more childish and obnoxious than the teenagers
    SO MUCH DRAMA, these people gossip all the time
    Associates are pressured to make people sign up for Old Navy cards and if reached our goal it doesn't even benefit us nor get any recognition.
    Its an okay job if you're a high school student / college student, but honestly I recommend you apply at a restaurant and make better pay. This summer I am definitely planning to LEAVE this employer when starting and moving to college.
    With the little breaks we get, LODs are up our booty, if were not back within a sec they'll walkie, "Are you done with your break?" one time i wasn't even done with mine in fact it was 9 minutes only, and coworker told me LOD was complaining how i was 'still on my break'. I was about to snap
    Music is awful, I can sing the lyrics in my sleep.
    LOD does the most little work yet gets paid for it, they will stand at the LOD board doing little easy tasks, fold clothes now and then but associates work harder.
    Overriding items left and right, kissing up to cheap customers, customers complaining about items being 5.49 when it should be 5.39, looking like their about to start a dang riot.
    Only favors the cashiers, ones who get the most old navy credit cards. Luckily I get these once in awhile which may be preventing me from being terminated.
    Horrible at remembering breaks, sometimes i have to remind them over the walkie.
    I am always working weekends, yet its easy for the favorites to be off weekends.
    If I did half of the things these 'favorites' do, I'd be in a little trouble or least corrected. Ex: Allowing them to go to the bathroom, stand around and slack, doesn't even process the cart, calls for backup when theirs only 2 customers in your line!!

Advice to Management

Stop hiring even more employees and start adding more hours for the current employees!
    *edit my ratings, I give senior leadership 1 star
    Stop favoring one employee over the other!!