Old Navy - Positive and fun! | Glassdoor

"Positive and fun!"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Westminster, CA
Current Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Westminster, CA

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts (including the Gap, Banana Republic, and other stores they partnered with), the employees, really fun environment! There's contests and other incentives for employees. We can dress in association with certain sales/events, example: this weekend there was a huge sale on pajamas so we were urged to wear pajamas, we are urged to wear a red shirt we own or the one they handed out for black Friday every weekend through the holidays. Is a lot of fun, I love working here!

Cons

Not to much to complain about, maybe I'll be writing another review in a few months. I guess I'd have to say lack of hours (I am seasonal for now, that may change if they keep me and my performance or seniority) & recovering sections (especially holiday time it gets really messy and go-backs are ridiculous).

Advice to Management

Offer me a leader position in a month or 2!!! I know you won't know who I am but I'm gonna put that thought out there.

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

1. "Unprofessional and broken promises"

Former Employee - Sellebrity in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Sellebrity in Columbia, MO

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employee discounts at Banana republic and gap especially when used at outlets

Cons

I got hired to work at old navy part time and was told that I would receive a minimum of 20 hours per week, however after 3 weeks of working there they cut my hours to 6 hours per week. I asked for more hours and they failed to do so. They must have gotten angry at me and schedule me 0 hours the next week. I found out they cut my hours because they continued to hire more people. Another two weeks went by and the new hires ended up in the same predicament as me.

Also very demanding, I worked on the truck unloading merchandise and the leaders would be very unprofessional cursing people out saying we aren't working fast enough and using scare tactics saying they are going to fire who ever is the slowest.

Advice to Management

Coach your employees instead of downing them

2. "great work place difficult managers"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, great team of associates

Cons

lack of store hours , inconsistent pay and rude managers