Old Navy - Positive and fun! | Glassdoor

"Positive and fun!"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Westminster, CA
Current Employee - Seasonal Sellebrity in Westminster, CA

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts (including the Gap, Banana Republic, and other stores they partnered with), the employees, really fun environment! There's contests and other incentives for employees. We can dress in association with certain sales/events, example: this weekend there was a huge sale on pajamas so we were urged to wear pajamas, we are urged to wear a red shirt we own or the one they handed out for black Friday every weekend through the holidays. Is a lot of fun, I love working here!

Cons

Not to much to complain about, maybe I'll be writing another review in a few months. I guess I'd have to say lack of hours (I am seasonal for now, that may change if they keep me and my performance or seniority) & recovering sections (especially holiday time it gets really messy and go-backs are ridiculous).

Advice to Management

Offer me a leader position in a month or 2!!! I know you won't know who I am but I'm gonna put that thought out there.

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

1. "great work place difficult managers"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, great team of associates

Cons

lack of store hours , inconsistent pay and rude managers

2. "Just a number"

Current Employee - Sellebrity in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sellebrity in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a great discount and Banana Republic and Gap. The pay is decent, and it is fairly easy to request time off. I was able to work short hours in order to accommodate school and school activities.

Cons

You are really just one of a number. The store is always a mess and customers are very unfriendly. The staff attempts to promote that employees be friends but it is only a front, and most employees are rude. My manager was very unprofessional and attempted to set me up with one of my employees and asked me inappropriate questions when I was clearly uninterested. You do the same job for hours at a time.