Old Navy - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Pricing Specialist in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Pricing Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 3 1/2 years as a Pricing Specialist. Gap Inc is a wonderful company to work for. Benefits are great. My associates are fabulous.

Cons

Only negative thing is the management team at my store doesn't act like a TEAM it is very frustrating. They don't seem to care to set others up for success. Hours, but hey its retail.

Advice to Management

Make sure to acknowledge your whole team. Promote those that deserve it.

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

1. "Busy, fun retail job"

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with, the employee discount and the fun atmosphere. There's room for growth and development in the company.

Cons

Sometimes I feel as though I do more work than my other coworkers, and often times I feel pushed by management to meet numbers. Yes, it is important to try your best to help the store meet certain goals, but I don't think anyone should feel guilty if I don't meet them for the day.

Advice to Management

Not much to say here, management is pretty great!

2. "A great place to work for those that are willing to learn and work hard."

Former Employee - Customer Service/Logistics in Woodstock, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Logistics in Woodstock, GA

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that you would work with are amazing in their own way. The managers are genuinely understanding and kind hearted individuals that can throw on a business face when needed. You stay busy throughout your whole shift. You learn so much working here that you can take all the knowledge you've gained with you onward to the next job no matter what field your in. Family can work together here. You can dye your whole head purple if you want, have tattoos in plain site, or have facial piercings and not one person will judge you.

Cons

Not a lot of people willing to leave so moving up in the company is hard. A lot of college students get hired for holidays so they leave us short handed once they are gone. Some managers/leaders can be too aggressive. With so many people working here, coming and going drama can get stirred up pretty quickly. It can get so busy you can't differentiate up from down or left from right. Logistics can be tough because you have to wake up early and work fast.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate the potential of your logistics teams. Remind your cashiers and floor to smile at your customers!!! Let those that show now drive or motivation go so someone else has a chance. Provide more opportunity for people to grow and get promoted.