Old Navy - Blah. | Glassdoor

"Blah."

Former Employee - Cash Handler in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Cash Handler in Memphis, TN

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and the discount are the only reasons to work here. Made many friends. 25% off regular price items for Old Navy, 50% off at the Gap.

Cons

Prepare to deal with angry and rude customers, shoplifters, and internal theft issues. The hours they put you through during the holidays are awful. Black Friday I worked from 11pm to 8:30am with only a 30 minute break. I had to beg for a bathroom break after 5 hours of constant standing at the cashwrap ringing out customers.

Advice to Management

Back your employees; no one should have to be verbally abused by customers (usually over company policy of which the employee has no control).

Other Employee Reviews for Old Navy

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - ASM Merchandising in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - ASM Merchandising in Seattle, WA

I worked at Old Navy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits for full time employees. Very competitive wages.

Cons

Expectation that you work 60+ hours a week to get your job done. Store manager spent her day in the office calling all the other store managers in the market complaining about how terrible her managers were. Market leader completely clueless about how this manager lead through fear. I had many co-workers that would work off the clock to try to get the job done just so they wouldn't be ridiculed and demeaned by the store manager.

Advice to Management

Sometimes, store managers are in the position they are in because they talk a good game but they don't necessarily have the leadership skills needed to run a complex store like Old Navy.

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Old Navy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount is great, lots of hours, tightly knit employee group, easy to transfer

Cons

I would often get called in on my one day off and then have management upset with me if i couldn't come in. Sorry if my 50 hours a week at a barely above minimum wage salary isn't enough for you.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and avoid getting involved in the interpersonal drama between employees