Old Republic Home Protection - Great place to work!! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

ORHP is making some great changes to ensure all our customers, both internall and external stay our top focus. For those people who are innovative, hard working and really care about their job, this is the place to be. Your dedictaion will be recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Every day is different, so you have to be flexible. Not every answer is "yes", so you have to be willing to think outside the box to determine a resolution that is satisfactory to all parties involved. This is not a place where you just "show up"; your heart has to be in it and that has to show in all your interactions so you match the culture of this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the President and Vice President visible and vailable. They are the true "heart" of ORHP - let everyone get to know them through their words and actions. Lots of communication from them to the staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Old Republic Home Protection

1. "This is a great company to work for. I wish now that I had never left Old Republic!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay...base and commission. Great benefits & bonuses. The staff is very supportative and everyone works together as a team to make this such a great company. Employess do not usually leave this company...

Cons

The Vice President likes to Micro Manage....

Advice to Management

The self yearly evaluation should be done away with. It is a waste of time.

2. "ORHP REVIEW"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Ramon, CA
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection (More than a year)

Pros

The environment and the people of the call center are great; mostly everyone is friendly and personable. The hours are flexible in the sense that you can swap shifts with other employees if you need to take a day off or make up hours. The company works very hard to boost morale with monthly events/activities and incentives, and there is a lot of opportunity for team building through monthly and weekly team meetings where we have the chance to voice opinions on things that we would like to improve. Great opportunity to move up in rank and work in other departments throughout the company.

Cons

The turn around rate is very high at this job, many people come and go. Once you go on steps for attendance, its very hard to get off and that prevents you from the opportunity of working in other departments. Also, the management and organization of the company is always changing and over the last 2 years there has been a lot of inconsistency. The management has also shown a lot favoritism towards certain employees and seem to blackball those who are not top performers. The dress code is constantly changing and is very inconsistent.