Old Republic Title - Wonderful | Glassdoor

"Wonderful"

Former Employee - Lien Clearance Associate in Akron, OH
Former Employee - Lien Clearance Associate in Akron, OH

I worked at Old Republic Title full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, great people to work for, good pay and benefits

Cons

management not knowledgeable about the jobs their subordinates do

Advice to Management

Training managers to know the jobs of their subordinates

Other Employee Reviews for Old Republic Title

"Chaotic Abyss of Dread and Confusion"

Former Employee - Temp in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Temp in Akron, OH

I worked at Old Republic Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not very heavy on micro-managment

Cons

Saying my interview was straightforward is an understatement. I was told that it was rough, I wouldn't be trained and there were going to be people I was not going to get along with.

What I wasn't told was that there is just no nice way to learn their computer system and there is no nice way to do anything - period. Not many people working there really know that there are more efficient ways to do things either. They have simply adapted to the insane workload and the crazy ways of doing everything. I was even accused of lying because I didn't know how to do everything their backwards way.

I also found this to be unique to this company: When issues come up that could be counteracted before it ruins the deadline, the only real shot you have to get the problem through to anyone who MAY have a solution, mind you no one wants to have anything to do with another problem and will go out of their way to avoid any kind of attempt at resolving it, the only suggestion I have would be to write in all caps in as choppy of a sentence as you can.

Also if you are not rude, you will not last there. I would pick up on things three weeks before they were even addressed and by the time there is any intervention it is a blame game but what no one really sees as more important is that it is an irreversible error.

I am not being dramatic - This place will give you nightmares.

Advice to Management

You should really know how to do the jobs of the people who are assisting you.

"I was given 8 days of training on a computer system not even used by the department I was hired to work in."

Former Employee - Escrow Assistant in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Escrow Assistant in Akron, OH

I worked at Old Republic Title full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The co-workers seemed quite friendly and mostly helpful; the office itself was clean, well-lit and comfortable.

Cons

There is a remarkably high turnover rate at this company. After being there for only a few weeks, I am not surprised. Management is completely out of touch.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to the examples being set by your department leads. Mine had a lousy attitude, poor hygiene and was chronically late.