Oldcastle Precast - Great Start, Slow finish | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Oldcastle Precast

"Great Start, Slow finish"

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Oldcastle Precast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Locations Nationwide

Name recognition

Many opportunities to network with a wide range of customers, contractors, engineers, and other suppliers/manufactures in construction industry

Parent company has multiple other companies for lateral transitions

Opprotunity to learn and grow with company, if in right position/location at the right time

Cons

No education reimbursement / internal training / continuing education program

Growth opportunities are dependent on your location and those around you. Local managers can keep employees under there thumb and prevent growth. Forces company to hire outside talent and prevents growth from within

Significant change in corporate culture in recent years. Company does not value employees as highly as they once did.

Local Managers will blame poor performance on employees. Regional managers either do not notice / don’t care that Local managers are the issue and setting employees up to fail.

Regional Managers will take complaints of harassment by one employee and spin it so the problem is with the employee following complaint and that they need to fix their own personal faults, such as time management or multitasking.

Corporate complaint line not confidential and it will get out eventually.

Other Employee Reviews for Oldcastle Precast

1. "Safety Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Oldcastle Precast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

World class safety culture in this company

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Provide career development plans for leadership

"Demand Planner"

Former Employee - Demand Planner in Napoleon, OH
    Former Employee - Demand Planner in Napoleon, OH

I worked at Oldcastle Precast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay decent and it's such an unorganized disaster that you can get experience in many areas of plant operations pretty easily. It served it's purpose and was a stepping stone to the next level of my career.

Cons

If you are a type A personality on a career path, proceed with great caution. I've never worked for such a disorganized bunch in my life. Very reactive vs proactive environment. Continuous improvement is a foreign concept. Lacking people who can understand how decisions impact all areas of the business. Once the negative outcomes of these decisions are realized, a "fall guy" will be appointed to be fired over it. They then will promote unqualified people to fill the void, and then will fire them when they are unsuccessful. If you go to OC, have a plan. I was lucky enough to find a new job before my "number was called", I saw others with spouses, kids and mortgages to support who were not as lucky. When I submitted my resignation, not my boss or a single member of upper management even spoke to me! Such an awkward leaving! No "good luck". No "don't let the door hit ya"....nothing... Confirmed I made the correct decision.