Olenick - This company is not an Infrastructure managment firm | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Olenick

"This company is not an Infrastructure managment firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
Current Employee - Senior Consultant

Pros

Very positive and supportive environment

Cons

The company is trying to grow into infrastructure management and is not quite there

Other Employee Reviews for Olenick

1. "Prior Employee"

Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Olenick (More than 10 years)

Pros

They worked diligently to get me hired.

(please note, my last date of employment was in the year 2005. The 'Last Year at Employer' dropdown only goes back a few years to 2013).

Cons

There were no "Cons" with Olenick. They worked diligently to get me hired.

"RUN!!! - Most Unprofessional Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Olenick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only thing I can think of is they pay overtime.

Cons

Don't let them fool you if they hire you on as a full time employee. You are NOT a consultant. You are a contractor, and left at the client to work for the client and do whatever they say. If the client treats you poorly or unprofessionally, they don't care. You are a commodity to Olenick and all they want is to make money off of you. They don't care about you as a person/employee. Don't bother giving them two week's notice before you start your next job. They will agree and get some work out of you, then let you go early (without any notice), taking it personally that you left, and leave you without benefits and pay for the remainder of your notice. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized management. You don't get to know any of your co-workers, your'e on an island with a client that treats you like they own you.

Advice to Management

Be a professional organization, treat your employees with respect, and deal with your internal employees that are unprofessional and take things personally, to the detriment of your other employees. Stand up to your clients that treat your consultants poorly. You have a Staff Aug model, own it. Don't dupe people into thinking they're full time consultants and will be treated as such. Start treating your employees like assets, and not commodities, then maybe you'll have better financial years and see growth and prosperity.