Olenick - This company is not an Infrastructure managment firm | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Olenick

"This company is not an Infrastructure managment firm"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
Current Employee - Senior Consultant

Pros

Very positive and supportive environment

Cons

The company is trying to grow into infrastructure management and is not quite there

Other Employee Reviews for Olenick

1. "Intern Consultant"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Olenick as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, good people, work is fun and everyone is enthusiastic!

Cons

Sometimes can be a little loud around the office, and some miscommunication happens.

2. "Fair company, but pay and benefits could have been better"

Former Contractor - Data Center Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Data Center Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Olenick as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair people to work for.

Cons

Benefits are under what most companies over, they refuse to pay overtime due to they can class you as a 'consultant' thus if you make over a certain amount, they can bilk you out of overtime, medical insurance packages are highly lacking and they do not compensate enough for employees to help with insurance.

Also, the contract was listed to where there is no ability for the contracting company to buy out a contracted employee. My employer told me directly that they would have liked to have hired me, but because of Olenick, they would have had to fire me, and then wait 45 days to rehire me to offer any deal because of the contract I had signed. Olenick just wants you to work for them under contract for as long as possible so that they can make money off of you.

Advice to Management

If an employee works for this company, you need to be more competitive in offering quality benefits. The company should switch to a weekly pay system, not bi-weekly because it pushes employees into a higher tax bracket. You offer medical insurance after 90 days when 99 percent of other companies offer insurance benefits much sooner within either 30, 45, or 60 days after being with another contracting company. Plus you only offer medical insurance, there is no dental plan, no vision plan, no prescription drug coverage when others offer more.
    Finally, when an employee works more than 40 hours a week, and you make over 27.63 an hour, they list you an a 'contract consultant' which they can bypass paying an employee overtime. Stop being so stingy and pay your employees what they are OWED. Especially when they work the extra hours to help make your company look good and they are asked to by their contracting companies.

If you treat your employees well, they will want to work for you again.

Olenick Response

Nov 8, 2017 – Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your work experience with Olenick. Our hope is that every professional, be that employee or in your case, contractor, is able to have a positive... More