Oliff Berridge - Tough place to work | Glassdoor

"Tough place to work"

Current Employee - Attorney
Current Employee - Attorney

Pros

Steady work and plenty of it. Lots of training at doing basic prosecution work, the hours are hard but reasonable. If you're doing well, then you progress very quickly within the firm.

Cons

Seems as if more consideration is given to support staff than the attorneys. Very difficult work/life balance. As you mature within the firm, it appears that things get harder and harder. Very few attorneys survive more than two years.

Other Employee Reviews for Oliff Berridge

1. "Great Starting Point"

Former Employee - IP Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - IP Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oliff Berridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great place to work for the most part. If they see potential in you, they'll push you to go hire and will definitely promote you. Most of the people working there were great, too, although I noticed that the longer they had worked there, the more disgruntled they were.

Cons

Everything is in the hands of a small panel of members (partners) and they seem to make decisions arbitrarily, giving far too much thought to the reputation of the firm (which actually isn't that good) and not nearly enough attention to the needs and reasonable requests of their employees.

Advice to Management

Take Jim Oliff off the EC and give the running of the firm to the younger Members.

2. "Good Review"

Former Employee - New Applications Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - New Applications Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Oliff Berridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parking, Friendly Atmosphere, Paycheck, Weekly Luncheons, Holiday Party, Summer In House Picnics, and Training. I generally liked my experience at Oliff.

Cons

The hours can be long in New Apps and staff morale is often down when it comes to work. Also, they do pay less than a lot of other IP firms from what I've seen.

Advice to Management

They can do more to show appreciation towards the staff.