Olive Garden Italian Restaurants - Meh | Glassdoor

"Meh"

I have been working at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants part-time

Pros

Good hours, sometimes free food

Cons

Management. The company mentality of: people complain and they get everything comped. Managers don't care about hour tip share, nor if we make money, they just want to look good.

Other Employee Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1. "Serving is good while in college but Darden doesn't treat employees with respect."

Pros

I was able to move up quickly and received the necessary training but it was hard for Darden to disguise the fact that their employees are numbers, not people.

Cons

The downside is that it's a Darden company. They've gotten away from caring for their employees (especially ironic for OG..."When you're here, you're family" ...unless you work for them).

Advice to Management

Making and keeping guests happy should obviously be at the center of the service industry but not at the cost of running over your employees and making them feel disposable.

2. "Management makes all the difference!"

Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The first few years I had a fantastic manager, but then he was given his own new restaurant to run and we got a fourth rate manager who should have been fired years ago, but Olive Garden policies are to invest in their employees and hope for the best. Sometimes you get the worst. Corporate has done absolutely nothing to look into our 40 point drop in customer satisfaction or our spontaneous high turnover rate in employees. When I started I had respect and loyalty to this company and now I don't think much about it at all.

Cons

At this point, everything. The corporate rotates good management through struggling restaurants for less than a year before moving them along again, leaving terrible general managers in place when they really need to fix the problem at the top.

Advice to Management

Have some self respect! There are broken and dirty items around the restaurant and the management walks right by it doing nothing and then three weeks later are complaining about how employees don't do anything. It's a broken system.