KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sitting guests

Oct 3, 2021 - Host in Winter Park, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- strong team -flexible hours - great management

Cons

- customers can be a lot of pain

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great managment

Nov 29, 2021 - Server%2FWaiter in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers are Very flexible with scheduling

Cons

This job type takes a lot of personal time.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of work, low tips (2.5 Year EXP)

Nov 15, 2021 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, Small menu and low barrier-to-entry job. Teaches you how to handle stressful situations. Decent lessons can be learned about serving. This job definitely made me a better server when I transitioned into a different job. I don't advise staying here longer than 6-12 months.

Cons

Unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks is by far the most time consuming aspect of the job. This menu is oriented around given the guest the "best value" possible. This inturn means your tips will be $6-15 per table at most. The amount of workload can also be overwhelming. Servers fight over breadsticks because there is never enough to meet the demand. $6 Drinks, Unlimited Soup/Salad/ Breadsticks, $5 to go entrees, and unlimited pasta bowls bring cliental that is not going to pay more than 15% on each check. Also you are required to share parties of 8 or more with another server. Using the ziosk is helpful for checks but my job was threatened multiple times if I didnt keep an 80%+ checkout on ziosk score. I was placed on "employment provision" for this. Finally I was written up because a party of 4 (A couple, a grandma and a baby) dine and dashed on me when I left to grab a bread bag. Please consider my review thoroughly. I work at a new restaurant now that my workload in half and I make over 3x what I made at Olive Garden.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.