Ombudsman Educational Services - The Worst Job of My Life !!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

"The Worst Job of My Life !!!"

Former Employee - Teacher
Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job was that I was able to see some students that wanted to drop out of school have a change of heart.

Cons

The pay sucks big time !!! Teachers are paid like daycare workers, not professionals. You don't get paid for your teaching experience or education level. Only at Ombudsman does a veteran teacher get paid the same as a first year teacher .... what an insult !!! In addition, anyone can get a management position. My operations manager had no clue what it took to be an administrator. I later found out that she only taught with the company for a couple of months before becoming a center director. Then, she was promoted again a few months later. Six months after that, she became an operations manager. There is no way that this would happen in a real school setting. How can someone be an administrator without certification or proper experience??? Well, anything goes at Ombudsman. ALL of my colleagues either quit, got fired or are praying that they find another job.

Advice to Management

Pay your teachers like real teachers. A veteran teacher with an Ed.S. should not get the same salary as a 1st year teacher, straight out of undergrad. Secondly, closely monitor your management. If teachers are dropping like flies, it's not just because of the students. Most likely, it is because they do not have supportive leadership. If you don't keep the teachers happy, your turnover rate will continue to rise. This is not good for business nor is it good for the students.

Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

1. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time

Pros

Small student to teacher ratio. Ability to make a difference is student's lives.

Cons

Pay is low. Regional Manager.

Advice to Management

If you are not going to pay more, then be supportive. Help us feel valued.

2. "Dog and Pony Show! Taxpayer Scam!"

Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Students are decent kids trying to finish school.

Cons

Ombudsman is paid per student with taxpayer's money through local school districts. Once they get their money it is all over! Teachers do not teach. Teachers are on their phones and internet much of the day and ignore students. Lead teachers are are very rarely in the classrooms, but hide out all day in offices or backrooms. Students do not learn. They are passed based on computer programs and tests that can be easily cheated on. No one really cares! Ombudsman is paid extra to take special ed students with federally mandated IEP's and then they are blatantly ignored in the ridiculously over sized classrooms. Ombudsman is laughing all the way to the bank!