Ombudsman Educational Services - Center director was good to work for but corporate management was non-existent. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

"Center director was good to work for but corporate management was non-existent."

Pros

Lessons are computer based making it efficient to teach several grades at the same session.

Cons

Lack of teacher computers made it difficult to complete work. Lack of privacy made it difficult to have confidential conversations with staff, students, and guardians.

Advice to Management

Treat your teachers as if they matter.

Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

"The Worst Job of My Life !!!"

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job was that I was able to see some students that wanted to drop out of school have a change of heart.

Cons

The pay sucks big time !!! Teachers are paid like daycare workers, not professionals. You don't get paid for your teaching experience or education level. Only at Ombudsman does a veteran teacher get paid the same as a first year teacher .... what an insult !!! In addition, anyone can get a management position. My operations manager had no clue what it took to be an administrator. I later found out that she only taught with the company for a couple of months before becoming a center director. Then, she was promoted again a few months later. Six months after that, she became an operations manager. There is no way that this would happen in a real school setting. How can someone be an administrator without certification or proper experience??? Well, anything goes at Ombudsman. ALL of my colleagues either quit, got fired or are praying that they find another job.

Advice to Management

Pay your teachers like real teachers. A veteran teacher with an Ed.S. should not get the same salary as a 1st year teacher, straight out of undergrad. Secondly, closely monitor your management. If teachers are dropping like flies, it's not just because of the students. Most likely, it is because they do not have supportive leadership. If you don't keep the teachers happy, your turnover rate will continue to rise. This is not good for business nor is it good for the students.

2. "Nice place to work, but they don't pay"

Former Employee - Content Teacher in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Content Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great kids, alternative ed program, nice staff

Cons

Do not pay you what you're worth!!!, tedious paperwork, IT sucks sometimes

Advice to Management

Realize that you are asking people with certifications and degrees to work for you. We are great at our job and help create success stories! Pay us more than a substitute teacher!