Omni Hotels - Omni Hotels Provided me great career growth and has a strong culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

"Omni Hotels Provided me great career growth and has a strong culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time

Pros

The culture makes it easy to have a career. Work hard, take care of everyone you interact with, let your positive attitude speak for you and have passion for your job – you will go far with Omni. I am.

Cons

I wish pay and benifits were better but most people probably think they are worth more reguardless of the industry.

Advice to Management

Management has been very supportive of my career

Other Employee Reviews for Omni Hotels

"Worst Working Experience I've Ever Had In My Entire Life"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time

Pros

Hotel room discounts, Pay is fairly decent

Cons

The company is all about POLITICS. Promotions are based on who your friends are and not the actual work you do. Show up late, call off, do mediocre work, GET A PROMOTION. HR is not aware of half of the companies policies and procedures which I believe to be very sad. If you pose as a threat because of intelligence or you just simply have backbone, upper management will do everything that they can to get you fired. Management doesn't difuse the drama, they are the drama!

Advice to Management

Work harder at finding your team's strengths and weaknesses. Then instead of trying to sabotage them, help them get better. BE A MANAGER!

2. "Well operated at property level, but corporate lacks leadership and strategy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Associates at the property level are well trained and high performing
    - Very satisfied staying at a number of our properties while traveling for business
    - Great service at properties

Cons

- No corporate leadership, strategy and vision
    - No camaraderie; unlike any place I have ever worked
    - Poor communication from executive leadership; mid-level managers are often excluded from key meetings and decision making
    - No desire to build bench strength / total lack of corporate talent development (glass ceiling)
    - Weak pay relative to market; little to no incentive / bonus plan
    - Terrible healthcare benefits; only 13 days of PTO, including vacation and sick days, which is only available after one (1) full year of employment (I would suggest negotiating this point when accepting employment because this is well below market)

Advice to Management

Respect and value your employees while listening to their ideas and concerns, build a culture of collaboration, open lines of communication, set a realistic strategy and communicate that plan across the organization