Omni Hotels - Well operated at property level, but corporate lacks leadership and strategy | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

"Well operated at property level, but corporate lacks leadership and strategy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Associates at the property level are well trained and high performing
- Very satisfied staying at a number of our properties while traveling for business
- Great service at properties

Cons

- No corporate leadership, strategy and vision
- No camaraderie; unlike any place I have ever worked
- Poor communication from executive leadership; mid-level managers are often excluded from key meetings and decision making
- No desire to build bench strength / total lack of corporate talent development (glass ceiling)
- Weak pay relative to market; little to no incentive / bonus plan
- Terrible healthcare benefits; only 13 days of PTO, including vacation and sick days, which is only available after one (1) full year of employment (I would suggest negotiating this point when accepting employment because this is well below market)

Advice to Management

Respect and value your employees while listening to their ideas and concerns, build a culture of collaboration, open lines of communication, set a realistic strategy and communicate that plan across the organization

Other Employee Reviews for Omni Hotels

1. "Politics, Politics, Politics, no corp vision for F&B, maybe 5-10 years from now."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Financially Strong, sales teams get groups in, usually busy all year round, are mostly in good locations, property managers really try hard to get the job done.

Cons

No bench strength, FB corp follows other hotels, no real leadership, if it was created in TX it must be good for the rest of the country mentality. No creativity, maybe 5-10 years from now.

"The worst mistake i ever made"

Former Employee - Manager in Fernandina Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Fernandina Beach, FL

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cant think of any, wait yes there is, Omni can get better, if they make the commitment, and not just talk the talk.

Cons

Micro-management, non-responsible management (blame game), always looking to cut budgets on the backs of the workers.I understand the purpose of any company is to make a profit, but in doing so make sure you show the people doing the work the RESPECT they earned.

Advice to Management

Do not just go through the motions of what is expected , actually make sure you follow up and hold management accountable. It starts at the top.If upper management just plays the game, seriously where is the company headed?