Omni Resources - Omni Resources is now an Employee owned company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omni Resources

"Omni Resources is now an Employee owned company!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Appleton, WI
Current Employee - Consultant in Appleton, WI

Pros

Just became empoyee owned. Decent benefits.

Cons

If you don't like contract work, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Omni Resources

"I finally found my "work home""

Pros

Fun culture, work/life balance, collaborative environment, innovators, community involvement, employee owned

Cons

Benefits are average but the employee ownership piece helps balance that out

"Meh"

I have been working at Omni Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THAT Conference.
    Good attempts at getting employee interest in tech projects.
    A lot of internal activity on fun or new edge projects.

Cons

10-30 hours of OT required weekly for months, being told that I should be expected to do this kind of thing, because that is what the bonus compensation is for. Then being told that I won't be getting a bonus.

Also, even when a client didn't have any need or interest in me going to their location (lived 3 hours away) they push for it. When explained the amount of hours lost to travel time, they say "Well obviously then you need to travel outside of the paid time" (that was with paid travel in the contract).

They claim to be "Employee Owned" but that is in stock only. After almost a year of trying to help the company to improve their markets, many of which had no cost to the company, I have hit walls on everything. Do what you want to improve the company, so long as it doesn't actually change anything.

It is the type of environment that if I get sick, I stress about how Omni will take it. Not the client, Omni.

Advice to Management

If an employee offers free help to improve the company, take it, or at least give a reason why not.

Back off of the concept that personal life doesn't matter. Sending employees to client sites for weeks at a time, when the client is not asking for it, on a moments notice, and then saying that your family should just cope because you get bonuses that you don't. This is not personal life balance.

Don't take on any more telecommuters. It seems about half of the CEO's solutions are to cut back on telecommuting. So don't hire anyone else on the illusion they could have it. It seems clear in a few years it will probably be gone.