Omnicell - Seems to be a filler position for most until the next best thing comes along. Little growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell

"Seems to be a filler position for most until the next best thing comes along. Little growth."

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is reasonable and depending on your manager, there could be a great work-life balance. You have to be in control of it though. Very laid-back office environment. I would recommend this job to a friend but with some warnings.

Cons

If you don't have a management title, although the experience and knowledge is there, you may not be heard of or taken seriously. The company does a reorg almost every year and the turnover rate seems to stay in the double digits year after year. I've been here for several years, I don't feel safe in the stability of my position because of this. Not sure if the company is focused on their direction.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees are buzzing about.

Other Employee Reviews for Omnicell

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, everyone has a voice in the planning of projects, management lets you work

Cons

Too many meetings. Occasionally change up teams for various reasons

Advice to Management

Change isn't always good. Keep with what is working

"Changes"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

Pros

Great customer base. Omnicell used to have a great staff and good middle management, unfortuntely most if not all those people have moved on either by their own choice and were forced out.

Cons

Extremely poor operations management. Dyfuntional management from company headquarters, company seems to lack any long term vision about it's staff. VP operations lived by this phrase regarding the operations staff. "Hire fast, fire faster." Not a good way to attract people of quality and it shows. I doubt upper management know or cares about how company is run, all they seemed to care about was what The Street thought of the company. Internally employee base ridicules customer base. They do not take customers suggestion seriously and out right ingore operations/install staff.

Sad because years ago when I joined Omnicell it was a great place to work and the best work expereince I had. It ended as one of the worst. I would not go back to work there without a large salary increase and a change in operations management and additude.

Advice to Management

It's time to make some whole changes in upper management in the operations division. Spend some time doing some research into field operations and make wholesale changes where needed. That dividion is THE face of your company and right now it's the face of discontent. No one I worked with was happy with the way things were going.