Omnicell - Full time for less than a year. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell

"Full time for less than a year."

Former Employee - Production Floor in Milpitas, CA
Former Employee - Production Floor in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good people doing the work of many more. Decent amenities: break room, onsite gym and half basketball court for employees. Not much else.

Cons

Little to no professional growth is possible unless you're friends with someone higher up. Unqualified management on many levels due to this stagnant method of promotion. New and current employees are not treated with respect, although this may vary from manager to manager. New employees start temporary and are often told that their services are not needed on a whim. In the length of time I was employed I was told 4 times take time off. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, this company does not value job security.

Advice to Management

Management should be held by qualified personnel. Select managers in this company definitely would not have equivalent positions in any other company.
Even someone at the bottom can see that this company has its priorities backwards. To succeed, a company that produces a product should emphasize quality, innovation, personnel, and sales and marketing; in that order, but here at Omnicell, only sales and marketing seem to be the only thing upper management is interested in.

Other Employee Reviews for Omnicell

"Fair."

Current Employee - Technical Service Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Service Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours are pretty good.

Cons

you use your own vehicle

Advice to Management

need some fleet Company Vehicles

"A decent job with decent people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the engineers are helpful in getting people on board. The company is value based, so people who contribute the most value are the most recognized.

Cons

The technology stack is very old, and it is also a Microsoft shop. Getting things done in legacy code is usually slow and error-prone because of the age and size of the code base.

Advice to Management

I honestly do not know what you can do. I understand that Omnicell needs to consistently add value to the customer, but engineers are not happy with the current code base. The problems the engineers solve (in my opinion) are not that exciting and it seems like we are losing out in top engineering hires.