Omnitracs - Everything a good software company should be doing in 2019 | Glassdoor

"Everything a good software company should be doing in 2019"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focusing on future growth with what we are creating and how we are creating it really keeps everyone on their toes constantly in the best way possible. The buy in from the top expedites all the new work we are doing. The culture of collaboration and the emphasis on using new tech really makes it a wonderful place to work and flex those problem solving muscles.

Cons

There really are no cons, Omnitracs is an Outstanding place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward!

Omnitracs2019-06-17
  1. "A solid technology company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Legal Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Omnitracs has come a long way since their Qualcomm days. They've managed to not only stay relevant but, in many ways, ahead of their competitors. For those who stick around, the workload can be daunting but Omnitracs management isn't blind, if they can quantify your contributions and the value you bring to the business, they'll reward you and keep you happy, thereby maintaining a workforce that's loyal and capable.

Cons

Due to a higher turn-over in some departments, management likely has less time to properly vet out employees in an effort to fill seats. I believe this is one of the underlying issues behind the lack of communication and connectivity between different departments, which tends to create a burden when trying to complete projects and can sometimes make getting your job done more difficult.

Advice to Management

You're on the right path; most snags will work themselves out. I would focus on remaining relevant as our world begins to encompass artificial intelligence and job automation (in 5-15 years) as this will have a direct impact on how we continue to grow as a company.

Omnitracs2019-12-10
  2. "Great Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omnitracs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong leadership and direction for the marketing team. There's a lot of talent here, and we're all working as a team. Good pay, benefits, and 5 weeks of vacation.

Cons

Not a ton to say. No company is perfect, but I'm very happy with this marketing team.

Advice to Management

Keep building for the future, and keep working on making the product best in class.

Omnitracs2019-12-10

Discover more reviews about Omnitracs.