Omron Electronics - No strong direction to win in general automation in North America | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Omron Electronics

"No strong direction to win in general automation in North America"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

A lot of the people at Omron have been with the company for a long time.
They have good knowledge of the products.
They have products in a lot of areas - vision, plc, sensors, motion control.

Cons

They just don't have a good way to win in a lot of applications other than price.
They don't have a lot of respect among their channel partners.
They're not very strong in any particular product.
They are private labeling a lot of their products from Trio Motion Control, Panasonic, Shimpo, & Yaskawa.
They

Omron Electronics Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Vice President of Human Resources

I realize this review was written several years ago, but I see the frustration with what was our new venture into the motion control market at the time. Since then, we have released our Sysmac... More

Other Employee Reviews for Omron Electronics

1. "OMRON at work for a better world for all"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

They have great respect for their employees and the enviroment we live in. OMRON has a great name in the area of electronic components . So good name recognition. Their is a lot of support from product teams so you have plenty of people to go to when you need answers to your questions. It is also a very moral company.

Cons

Pay is not so great as compared to others in bay area. Being a Japanese company, working in North America somtime you feel like a step child or the last to get any needed new products. Also communicatio can at time be difficult.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job on communicating what is expected from the employees and their vision of the future of the company.

2. "Bad choice for me, but a great company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Omron has outstanding products, both in depth and effectiveness. It is an excellent company. They have more products in more segments than anyone that make their own gear - yes, that was a dig at the Allen Bradley fans that don't realize they often function as a 'master distributor' and seldom make the products they sell. Omron is a company that is responsible to the world they live in and to the people that work there. Social responsibility is a very important thing to them at the highest levels. The culture and morale at the corporate office was mostly excellent. The benefits were very good.

Cons

There was an ill-conceived, poorly-supported effort to open a new sales channel. They had decided to go beyond the traditional distribution method that had been the bread winner for decades. My training was nearly non-existent. The marketing group was pillaged and support eroded over time, not to be replaced. Many posts became vacant when someone was promoted or moved to a new post to fill a hole when it was vacated by someone jumping off the ship. This is really an outstanding company with incredible opportunities here in America, but it didn't seem like the leadership in place when I was there (all different now) was ready to get us there.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and support it. Do not waffle. Omron is a great company - remember that.

Omron Electronics Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Vice President of Human Resources

Thank you for your balanced appraisal. We have grown a lot since your review back in 2008, and you might be very pleasantly surprised by our strong distribution sales channel programs today. We are... More