OnTrac - working at ontrac is a typical warehouse job; very fast paced, requiring to lift, bend, and squat | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OnTrac

"working at ontrac is a typical warehouse job; very fast paced, requiring to lift, bend, and squat"

Current Employee - Truck Loader in Commerce, CA
Current Employee - Truck Loader in Commerce, CA

I have been working at OnTrac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

always hiring, no customer interaction, definitely a work out because you sweat, good full time hours, team work required, coordination required.

Cons

this job requires you to be at full attention to details. you can easily fall behind if you are not working at a good pace. you get "hit" meaning if you are loading trucks, there will be times your truck is getting a lot of packages. be prepared to load them fast.

Other Employee Reviews for OnTrac

"Worst company I ever worked for!!!!"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in San Bruno, CA

I worked at OnTrac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They'll hire just about anyone who has a pulse!

Cons

I used to joke that they were just like Fedex & UPS but with much lower pay and no benefits. They illegally made all their drivers independent contractors in 2002 when the Teamsters Union contract expired-they said take it or find another job! The Labor Board ruled in 2006 that DELIVERY companies couldn't make their DELIVERY drivers independent contractors. They've been sued countless times for unfair practices: no overtime, not giving lunch breaks,etc. Management seemed clueless about customer service-it was up to us in the field to work around the customer's desire for an earlier or later pick-up time and most drivers were too overworked to care. The only reason they're still in business is the lower prices compared to the REAL overnight delivery companies! I could write a book on how God-awful this company truly is! I wouldn't recommend them to ANYONE-not as an employer or delivery service!

Advice to Management

A company is ONLY as good as the way management treats their employees. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that: When employees are treated like dirt, morale is low. When morale is low, customer service suffers greatly. When customer service suffers greatly, customers go ELSEWHERE. DUH!!!!! Then to make up for lost revenue, they cut hours and combine routes so that the drivers are even MORE overworked and MORE likely to get in accidents-which means insurance rates go up,up,up!!! THAT giant sucking sound you hear is the company GOING DOWN THE DRAIN!!! I wasted 8 years of my life working for this company and talked to many supervisors about the myriad problems we had to deal with. It didn't change anything then and it won't now due to the corporate mindset. This company will eventually fail unless they get some people to turn it around, starting with treating EVERY employee with dignity and respect. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

"OnTrac could be so much more!!"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at OnTrac full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a huge amount of growth potential for this company. I appreciate the opportunities that OnTrac provided for me. Some very good people and talented managers work for this company. Their ideas can be a huge benefit to the company...

Cons

...The problem is that upper management has no interest in listening to any of them or showing appreciation for their efforts and they don't understand what loyalty means. They rule with fear, so to speak and want only "Yes" men to put a square peg in a round hole. Their model is for the bottom line - as it should be - but not only do they often do it at the expense of alienating their lower managers, employees and contractors, they do it at the expense of their customers too, making decisions to boost revenue, for example, even if they know the system can't handle it - which therefore hurts the product to the customer. And then the blame the crew for failing. They believe that these types of issues will bring in more revenue then it will drive away so they feel the expense is worth it. They know what they're doing!! It's a shame they don't invest more - financially and emotionally - into their workers. It's been proven that loyalty like that produces happier workers which produces better productivity which improves on the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Pay for a company wide 360 anonymous survey and ask tough questions about yourselves and see what you get for answers. You likely will not like what you see - But be humble and be willing to make the changes to improve that opinion of you and you can grow stronger and more productive. The profits will come - along with a better reputation in the market. Everyone will win.