OneBeacon Insurance Group - Try not to let a handful of people ruin your workplace. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OneBeacon Insurance Group

"Try not to let a handful of people ruin your workplace."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Pros

If you take the time to negotiate, OneBeacon can provide great pay. A few years ago they moved to nice new building in Canton, MA. It is a good company overall.

Cons

The Legal Dept. was a little tough to work in - there was alot of turnover. The managing attorneys talked down to and negatively about employees out in the open.

Advice to Management

You have a great payscale, great building, now if only upper management, (specifically attorneys) were more professional and less gossipy.

Other Employee Reviews for OneBeacon Insurance Group

"Forced to work one 40 hours a work week or lose your job!"

Current Employee - Will Not Disclose
    Current Employee - Will Not Disclose

I have been working at OneBeacon Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation, pay, and that is about it

Cons

If you're a hard worker then you get rewarded with more work then told over and over that it is not a 40 hour a week job and you are given hints that if you don't work over 40 hours then you may keep your job. They overload you with the work of two people but expect you to continue to provide superior customer service which is impossible with the work load. A home life balance is some kind of foreign word to this company. Simply they just don't care.

Advice to Management

Keep the work load reasonable, the job is stressful enough without telling us over and over this is not a 40 hour a week job and make us feel that if we don't work over 40 hours we will be on warning and potentially lose our job, there are labor laws ------one of these days it will take one brave person to put a stop to this behavior.

"Not Good Place to Work"

Pros

Nice People. That's really all i have to say about it. Oh, probably one of the nicer cafeteria's i've seen.

Cons

Salary blew, no room for advancement, layoffs, etc. Most prominent was the complete lack of leadership. My bosses would habitually "work from home", ie. taking a day off without having to use one of your vacation tdays.