OneWest Bank - Opportunity for growth with the company is not promising but it is a good place to work for overall. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OneWest Bank

"Opportunity for growth with the company is not promising but it is a good place to work for overall."

Current Employee - Analyst II
Current Employee - Analyst II

Pros

Internal movement within the company is always available.

Cons

Not much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Middle management could be better.

Other Employee Reviews for OneWest Bank

"Atmosphere of Fear"

Pros

Well educated and skilled co-workers.

Cons

Little or no communication from management. Pervasive feeling that everyone's afraid of something and waiting for the worst. Little knowledge by many in management of how things are to work or even understanding what subordinates do on a daily basis. Constant changes to completed assignments, (completing the project/analysis, only to have someone in a senior position decide that it's not what they wanted after all, and basically starting the entire project over again). Obscene number of official processes and formatting requirements with no communication to employees about what those processes are or that they even exist.

Advice to Management

Hire someone to manage the internal processes, training and communications within the Bank - a Chief Operations-type Person. All managers should be trained on bank processes before allowing them to manage, and appropriate internal process manuals developed, explained and provided to all employees. Communicate with your employees individually - by something other than email and department meetings - one on ones can be good.

2. "They were the nail in our coffin"

Former Employee - Financial Freedom Employee - Wholly Owned Subsidiary of One West Bank

Pros

They didn't interfere with how Financial Freedom was doing business for the most part.

Cons

As soon as they purchased us from the failed IndyMac bank they closed our West Coast ops center and we lost a huge amount of business as a result. They failed to acknowledge or communicate with our division after the purchase or at any time up until they closed us down. They took the holdest and highest profile reverse mortgage company in the industry and made it disappear.

Advice to Management

I realize that we were not a part of your master plan, but at least acknowledge our presence. Our company could have continued to be profitable and I don't understand your lack of vision to allow that to happen.