Online Buddies - Great, fun company. | Glassdoor

"Great, fun company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Online Buddies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a cool atmosphere and is fun to work for. They are good to their employees, offer generous benefits and other perks like free food and drinks and catered lunches. Like anyplace else, it's work, so it's not always amazing and sometimes my manager lacks vision but I've worked at a bunch of places and it's no different anywhere else.

Cons

Well it's gay and adult oriented so it's sometimes a challenge to tell friends what I do. My gay friends have all heard of the company and think it's cool that I work there but with my straight friends, and my parents, and such, it's a little tougher to explain.
The owners aren't that involved but they do come in the office and they can be really offensive. They make some racist comments and talk openly about really personal sex stuff in front of everyone. But for the most part upper management keeps the owners away from us. If they were here every day it'd be a really different, bad thing.

Advice to Management

Listen more to employees - we interact with the customers more than you do. Tell us what's going on and what the future plans are more regularly.

Other Employee Reviews for Online Buddies

1. "When things are good - it's a great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Good work/life balance, fairly competitive pay. Good benefits. Low stress working environment most of the time. Decent opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Lots of secret meetings. Significant turnover of senior management. Content of the company's websites can make for some interesting conversations.

Advice to Management

Seek more outside help in improving the business, both from a revenue standpoint and in making it a good place to work.

2. "We're an exciting, innovative technology company that continues to be on the bleeding edge of web software development."

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Our company is a fun and creative environment, with outstanding opportunity for personal growth within the company. We offer very competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package. Our headcount stays between 90 - 100 employees, so every voice is heard. Our corporate culture is one of our strongest attributes. We're privately held, profitable, and have seen our revenue increase year over year since inception. Our benefits package has also continued to improve year over year.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, employees strive for information and management sometimes does not communicate enough. This has been brought up during several all staff assemblies and management has already begun to make changes.

Advice to Management

I can't think of any input or advice. Management is very receptive to the needs of their employees and strives to make this a company people want to come to everyday.