Employee Review

Former Intern, less than 1 year

Awesome Job

Jan 29, 2021 - Graphic Design Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding, fast-paced, and encouraging environment. Online Optimism gave me the experience I needed to progress my professional graphic design career.

Cons

As much as the fast-paced environment is a pro it could be a con at some instances. There were just a few occasions where I had to produce work in a seriously short amount of time. However, you are working with a team and it's good to get in practice with limits like that.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast-Growing, Innovative and Ethical

Jul 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Online Optimism for several years and I can say that it is honestly an incredible place to work. Everyone works constantly toward improving their skills, knowledge, and capabilities. The environment is open, accessible to ask questions, share a story, ask for help - and I think those are most important. It is a young company but it's growing quickly.

Cons

It's a fast-growing company with large and small clients - which means everyone has a lot of responsibility. We try new management tactics all the time - both with clients and internally. Every employee has direct contact with clients. You provide small presentations to the office, stand in company videos, create reports, go to client meetings and lots more. If you are just trying to put in your 40 hours - if you're not trying to build a career and help these businesses - this isn't the place for you.

2. 5.0
    Former Intern

Fast Paced, Challenging, Lots to Learn

Jul 27, 2017 - Digital Marketing Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, particularly right out of college. Hands on and constantly changing set of tasks keeping things interesting. I got to complete work and projects that I could actually see implemented, which was nice. Coworkers were smart and exciting. Lots of people doing interesting things around New Orleans, and they were supportive of everything. One of the best things was adaptability. If someone suggested we make a change to the office, it would often happen in place by the end of the week. Benefits for an intern were pretty great. Snacks, lunch on fridays, parking paid for in the CBD. Brought around town to lots of networking events. Not exactly my favorite thing to do, but we were paid to join at least. One of the better local agencies to join for those that can keep up.

Cons

The whole company is so young, that at times there's awkwardness from being managed by someone a year younger than you. They're also not kidding about it being fast-paced. Most days were breathless rushes from one new project to the next, and sometimes instructions consisted of "you'll figure it out." Which we did, but didn't make things easy.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Online Optimism.