Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan - Wonderful place to work with a great culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan

"Wonderful place to work with a great culture"

Current Employee - Assistant to Executive in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Assistant to Executive in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great people, spectacular benefits (long term disability, RRSP matching, dental vision, extended health 100%). Relaxed atmosphere. Little politics. Lots of activites and support charitable work, green initiatives. Proud to work at OTIP.

Cons

Too small to train people for senior positions. They tend to hire experts for technical positions and not train lower positions to reach above for advancement--although they do train for your current position very well.

Other Employee Reviews for Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Pros

OTIP is a great place to work. They offer excellent benefits that start on day one (even for 12 month contracts), great work life balance, and there is even a healthy living program that offers work out classes (yoga included) on lunch as well as stretch breaks during the day.
    Overall, the people are awesome and the company really does care about their employees- just recently they set up an M&M candy bar in the cafeteria to show staff appreciation. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at OTIP.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Benefit Service Representative in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Benefit Service Representative in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OTIP is a great place to work. There are many opportunities to move and grow within the company. Always positive, great managers, incentives are amazing, the list goes on!

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the parking. Although there is always somewhere to park, if I'm working the late shift, I usually have to walk clear across the parking lot to get to a door.