Ontraport - A awesomely funtime for the nerds | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ontraport

"A awesomely funtime for the nerds"

Current Employee - Ontraport Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Ontraport Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

First let me talk about the engineering team.. WOW

This is one of the best places I have ever worked, the engineering team is built on collaboration and melting pot of viewpoints. The motto here is the best idea wins.

Another huge perk is the pace of the projects and the fact that there is not much red tape to get ideas or projects implemented. The team is also always willing to experiment with new technologies and assess its benefits to the software; sharing ideas and building proof of concepts is definitely encouraged.

Other aspects of the company that are great are the benefits; Catered Meals, Health, Dental, Vision, Gym, Sponserships for kickball and happy hour, Ski Trip, Camping Trips.

The culture as a whole is really about working hard, respect the clients and coworkers and having a good time.

Cons

The only downside I can think of right now is that there is not enough time/engineers to implement all the great ideas that could make the software we're working on even better.

Other Employee Reviews for Ontraport

1. "I think it's a wonderful place to work and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

-Laid-back, loose environment - I think people do their best work when not given strict rules to abide by
    -Plenty of down-time
    -Friendly and fun coworkers
    -Catered Lunches
    -Beautiful place and views
    -Comfortable work spaces
    -Positive energy
    -I can honestly say I look forward to going to work and hanging out with my co-workers

Cons

-The pay could be significantly higher compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Try to follow up on what employees like and dislike as to continue the great atmosphere here.

2. "The company culture at Ontraport is hard to beat because everyone is so easygoing."

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

Ontraport is a great place to work because of the people. Everyone is supportive and eager to help each other. While everyone is committed to their work, there is a good balance between work and social life.

Cons

As a small company, the company has not yet achieved much diversity yet. I do not work full-time to understand any more intricate downsides.

Advice to Management

I would recommend pursuing the marketing effort more. Ontraport has a great product, but the marketing effort does not match that of our competitors yet.