Ooyala - A Continual Learning Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ooyala

"A Continual Learning Experience"

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Intern - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Ooyala as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing dynamic company culture, which really fosters the self-motivation to get things done. Team-oriented everything and everyone's very respectful and fun. Everyone's super excited about it and no one's ever bored.

Cons

Some weeks can get really hectic and stressful. There's quite a bit of work and always a lot of planning todo that can get overrun by laziness which means more work for other people.

Advice to Management

I really like the way that they don't have to micromanage everyone yet they foster such an amazing work-culture that makes everyone excited to build something innovative and cool.

Other Employee Reviews for Ooyala

1. "Great learning experience and great people!"

Current Employee - Senior Sourcer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sourcer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Ooyala full-time

Pros

The culture is fantastic! Employees are very passionate about their work and always willing to share knowledge. There are always new projects to tackle and interesting challenges to overcome. I love working in this fast-paced environment where I can have a direct impact on recruiting efforts. There are fun team off-site events for every team and after hour events a few times per week (movie nights, game nights, and wine nights). Definitely a great place to work where you can learn from very smart people!

Cons

Some people have a hard time adjusting to the fast-paced environment but other than that, there aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Great culture, even better people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Ooyala full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ooyala is a work hard, play hard environment. All my peers at the company are very hard working and still find the time to establish meaningful relationships with their colleagues. The salary and benefits programs are great, our bonus pays out quarterly, food is catered every day, and time off is unlimited. It's also a great learning environment.

Cons

Ooyala has the same challenges as many companies in a similar stage of growth. The company has to sprint to keep up with the influx of new hires and scale with the market.