OpalSoft - Nice place to work | Glassdoor

"Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Pros

They find decent jobs in technology and treat their people well. Nothing much to say other than they are good

Cons

They are a bit tight with money. They won't pay for relocation, or let you expense equipment over a few $100.

OpalSoft Response

Sep 13, 2016 – President & CEO

We do pay for the relocation case by case basis. We have discussed this matter internally and requested team to clearly explain the process and benefits. Thanks for your inputs.

Other Employee Reviews for OpalSoft

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in New Delhi (India)

I worked at OpalSoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Good environment to learn and grow.
    2. Nice work environment.
    3. Excellent project assignments from big companies.
    4. Maintains good level of professionalism.

Cons

None as such to mention

Advice to Management

They are doing a good work.

2. "A Company with a Human touch"

Former Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Jaipur, West Bengal (India)
    Former Employee - Senior SAP Consultant in Jaipur, West Bengal (India)

I worked at OpalSoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was my absolute pleasure to work for Opalsoft more importantly under OP Choudhary as a CEO under whom I worked for 7 years..

I worked in Opalsoft from Jan'11 to Aug'17 for one of it's biggest client Amkor Technology.

I would share Two Anecdotes which will put things in perspective of the great Company culture and values Opalsoft as an organization lives by:

Once in 2012 I was suppose to travel to USA for a client visit and since I was a mid-level Consultant, the protocol stated that I travel in Economy class, But the company went a step ahead and booked my ticket in the Business class section just to make sure of my comfort and that too all at Company expense and not Clients.

Another pleasant surprise came in 2015, at that time the billing of the Client or our projects were decreasing (due to bad market), yet the company made sure I receive a pay hike which I was personally declining since two years.

These things will remain with me forever, and I will remain grateful to Opalsoft management for the empathy and the human touch they have still maintained with the organization.

The company culture which directly precipitates from OP Choudhary, The CEO of Opaslsoft, who is an excellent leader but more importantly an excellent human being.

Nobility, Grace, Humility, Loyalty and Professionalism are some of his unparalleled traits.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with him, and came to know him as a truly valuable Leader/mentor to absolutely any team. He is honest, dependable, and incredibly hard-working. Beyond that, he is an impressive communicator and a fun person to be around with and who is always very supportive.

OP's Leadership, Team management and people management skills helped the entire entire organization,
    which was key to developing a complete offshore Unit in India as well.

Along with his undeniable talent, OP has always been an absolute joy to work with. He is a true team player, and always manages to foster positive discussions and bring the best out of other employees.

Without a doubt, I confidently recommend Opalsoft to help your company/organization, with his decades of experience in Consulting and IT infrastructure management .

Cons

Not too many options to switch career options within the organization, as this is primarily a consultancy.

Advice to Management

There are not too many one can pick out of the culture is good, the only "Con" I can think of is that the Company can go ahead and be more aggressive in its long term Branding and positioning on key IT areas. may be positioning for some very specific key IT areas Like SAP or Infrastructure management will help building a long term Brand.