Open-Silicon - No long term plan. Only founders making money | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Open-Silicon

"No long term plan. Only founders making money"

Former Employee - Employee in Bengaluru (India)
Former Employee - Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Open-Silicon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company with experience in many tape-outs to many fabs

Cons

No real plan to take company to next level. Looks like only founders are making money. Top executives are poor managers. Their way of working is more suited to factory floor managers.

Advice to Management

Look inside and think for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Open-Silicon

"Terrible experience. Typical service company mentality. Most of the employees are over-loaded with work."

Pros

Its hard to find reasons to work for this company, I'll try... maybe the free food served at their office. Really one of the worst decisions of my life to have joined this company.

Cons

This can take up a lot of space, here we go: Management favours a specific group or type of people and only those are appreciated, promoted, loved at the company. No opportunity for growth or learning. Employees are just "assets" that can be used and thrown out without any appreciation. No amount of contribution is good enough it seems, management hardly cares for anyone.

Advice to Management

All I can say is, they need to listen to their employees, be a little more grateful to people who have immensely contributed towards company's growth over the years. This can take a while as the whole mentality will need to change... I would for one not recommend anyone to work at Open Silicon.

2. "ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Open-Silicon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company... get to do a lot of different stuff.. Good learning experience. Easy going management wise

Cons

There is not much of work/life balance as the team was offshore and I had to spend quite a bit of time interacting with them

Advice to Management

Please have some real strong mid to senior level managers, who can take ownership and deliver results.