Open Systems International - Some things to love and... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Open Systems International

"Some things to love and..."

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Medina, MN
Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Medina, MN

I have been working at Open Systems International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Open Systems after school got out this summer. I have to say the company has a nice building and the social activities are awesome. The cafeteria is too expensive but the nachos are the BEST! They say we are growing.

Cons

Other than that it's a job. I used to work in a lab at school and its alot like that. There is more hardware and that can get to be to much - if you let it get to you.

Other Employee Reviews for Open Systems International

"Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Open Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free soda: they have free soda in the office which I don't know if it is good or bad. I have seen some developers drunk 25 + cans a day.
    - very self-driven work environment - New hires pretty much learn as they go on the jobs, but you do get a lot of supports from other engineers because they have been in the same shoes not long ago.
    - have opportunities to learn many different things

Cons

- lack of standards
    - Upper management teams don't care about employees. Upper management team are really into micromanaging.
    - low pay high stress. Engineers average have about four to five projects at the same time. They work average 55 hours or up per weeks. They work even more when you are on site with the clients.
    - Upper managers don't really care about work and life balance. Example: Friend of mine traveled 3 weeks back to back to back straight. They will always fly you out on Sundays and fly you back on Fridays or Saturdays. You really don't get to pick your hotel because they will pick the cheapest hotel (sometime motels) for the business trip. You have to use your own credit cards to book flights and hotels for the trip upfront.

Advice to Management

Please care about the people.
    If you can't maintain the people, the company will not go far for long.

2. "Open Systems International is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, MN

I have been working at Open Systems International full-time

Pros

The OSI HR Department took their time with me and allowed me to meet and interview many team members to assure job placement accuracy. At the time of my interview, I wasn't sure which position would be the best fit for my skills and needs, so they sat me in front of many different department heads and allowed me to "feel" my way through the process to help me make the best decision.
    My current position provides me with every day challenges that I welcome and look forward to. My role is ever changing and I love the fact that I am never without a task.
    I look forward to a successful career with OSI and am so thankful to be a member of such a stellar team of hard working individuals.