KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Let's talk Openly

Mar 12, 2022 - Senior Manager, Organizational & Learning Development in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1, the company's values of curiosity, urgency, teamwork, integrity and empathy are apparent from each colleague interaction and meeting. This remote-based company is doing a lot of great work in insurtech with very smart people, and it's exciting to be a part of the effort. One of the company's 2022 strategic pillars is to "Be loved." When I met with a senior leader during my interview process I was immediately more drawn to the opportunity when it was shared that "Be loved" (by employees and customers) was the first pillar (people show you what they care about by the order they talk about it). I felt like this would be a place where I could grow, learn, and add value - and I was right. I look forward to going to work everyday, value my colleagues, and feel supported and valued by my manager and team. I'm excited for how this role will continue to take shape in a company that wants to get it right for all those involved.

Cons

It's in start-up mode, so it's helpful to know that coming in - things are changing (in good ways!) - not a 'con', but more of a heads up for potential applicants.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Jul 19, 2022 - HRBP Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote first, transparency, work-life balance, and personal development!

Cons

It's a start-up, so we are all learning/creating as we grow!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teamwork and Transparency - internally and externally!

Jul 19, 2022 - People Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The PEOPLE! People are excited to be at Openly, excited to work together, and excited to make a difference in the market. It is honestly contagious how team oriented + collaborative employees are here. You don't get that everywhere. -Start up that just closed Series C = a lot of opportunity to grow and to be a part of building something great. - Tech forward in an industry that is not typically tech forward = a lot of opportunity to be a part of the impact/disrupt on the insurance market. - 100% remote business, even pre-pandemic = flexibility - Lean teams (still growing) = high visibility with different areas of the business = high impact - Great benefits!! Employer paid premium for medical insurance, 4 weeks PTO, stipends for working from home and professional development, 12 week full paid parental leave, etc. (AMAZING) . List goes on and on but these benefits are awesome to have in place so early on and shows how they value employees from the get go.

Cons

Start up environments aren't for everyone. You have to be flexible and understand that a new company has a lot of structure yet to be built. This is a challenge by nature, but exciting to a lot of people. If you are looking for a role at a company that is really structured out already, start ups just aren't for you. Growing pains happen but that is anywhere, even organizations that have been around a long time.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Openly Insurance.

Openly Insurance Photos

+ Add Photo
Openly Insurance photo of: Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up.
Openly Insurance photo of: The gang is all here!
Openly Insurance photo of: Representing in style