Opower - OPOWER -- hyper-growth cash flow positive startup having a hugely positive impact on the environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Opower

"OPOWER -- hyper-growth cash flow positive startup having a hugely positive impact on the environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

OPOWER has a terrific culture, a great mission, and is a fun place to work. We're growing like crazy, and we're doing so by having a strong positive impact on emissions. As we grow past one hundred employees tens of millions in revenue, we're providing the same emissions reduction as 1/3 of the entire US solar industry.

Cons

It's a startup, so you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and solve problems from the ground up. Very little is spoon fed here -- you have to own your work and take responsibility for the good and the bad.

Advice to Management

I'm a member of the management, so I don't think I should be giving myself advice on a public website. :-)

Other Employee Reviews for Opower

1. "Used to be great"

Pros

Worked with some amazingly smart people who truly believed in company mission.

Cons

The CEO lacked vision, low pay and sale to Oracle. Slightly political environment, need to know the right people.

2. "Awesome place to work"

Current Contractor - Java Software Engineer in Odessa (Ukraine)
    Current Contractor - Java Software Engineer in Odessa (Ukraine)

I have been working at Opower as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very experienced staff, variety of technologies, quality oriented processes, comfortable environment, few bureaucracy.

Cons

Absence of usual in the area English classes and medical insurance.