OptiMedica - Recruiting | Glassdoor

"Recruiting"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

Pros

You are fully responsible for your own success and can blame no one for your failure.

Cons

Must be self motivated, driven and like working independent of others in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

I am very happy working as a Self Employed 1099

Other Employee Reviews for OptiMedica

"Contract Production Manager Review of the Company Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Flexibility and freedom for growth and development, both professionally and personally are present in my current position. The leadership at the company for which I am a contract employee are very aware that I could be somewhere else but choose to remain with them in this capacity. They treat me as one of their own, inviting me into company meetings and work with others outside of the company.

Cons

No benefits, such as paid time off, health insurance, company contributions to a 401K plan. If I don't work, I don't get paid. I can end up working in excess of 60 hours per week at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to express your gratitude to your contract employees. If it is possible to offer them some additional perks to make up for the lack of benefits, consider this in the compensation/pay that is offered. Remember you don't have to pay for the benefits package of a full time employee, so it is possible to extend a bit more to the contract employee as they prove their benefit to the success of your company.

2. "OptiMedica experance"

Former Employee - Senior PCB Designer
    Former Employee - Senior PCB Designer

I worked at OptiMedica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are somewhat nice. No supervision. Simple work load.

Cons

People do not work as a team. Proper computers and office equipment not given.

Advice to Management

Send your managers to Management school and have them show up at work to speek to the employees they hire.