OptimisCorp - Management has no clue what they are doing; Leadership jumping ship faster than if they were on the Titanic. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for OptimisCorp

"Management has no clue what they are doing; Leadership jumping ship faster than if they were on the Titanic."

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual environment; flexibility with schedules; good vacation and sick policies; you get paid on time. It can be a great company if they had better leadership.

Cons

Inconsistent up the entire chain: management, executives, board of directors; Lack of vision; No clear policies written anywhere; Any policies that are written are consistently ignored; Executives and Management are nowhere to be found; Management makes decisions without even trying to learn any processes, very throw the baby out with the bath water environment; No communication with staff on what is going on; Everything is done at the very last minute; Everything is an emergency or turns into one because they have no back-up plans.

Pay is seriously lacking, raises are very few and other than medical, dental and 401k, they don't offer much. No 401k match; no bonuses; Medical and dental aren't even covered 50% for the employee and they don't offer FSA or supplemental or life insurance. They try to tell you they are focused on wellness but they don't offer any of this. Worthless stocks, no raises despite long hours; Cohesion simply does not exist here.

Advice to Management

Leadership starts from the top, so try showing some instead of just hiding out in an office together. How about letting your employees in on what you are trying to accomplish? What direction are you trying to go? Do you want to go public? Do you want to be a software company, a health company, a fitness company, a clinical company? Consider getting some specialized consultants in that can help you show you where you can pick up slack across the board and focus on goals for the short and long term.

Attempt to talk to your employees and see what is working and what isn't working; Maybe sit down with your key staff and learn WHY and HOW they do things. Write it down. Get more staff in order to organize everything and come up with more consistent policies;

Other Employee Reviews for OptimisCorp

1. "Young Company, Bright Future"

I have been working at OptimisCorp full-time

Pros

Working with an excellent, hard working group of individuals that dedicate themselves to making OptimisPT and their team members better.
    A new direction that will allow our company and software to grow exponentially.
    Being the cutting edge in compliance.

Cons

Increased communication about corporate and all current changes can improve confusion and frustration.
    Lack of resources and bugs can be cumbersome at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to all staff ideas regardless of position. Focus not only on the "big picture" but take in too considerations the "little" things that need to be fixed as well. We have issues and bugs that may seem insignificant but will improve our product and show our customers we care. Continue to focus on opening the lines of communication between the developers and the rest of the staff.

2. "A great place to work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at OptimisCorp as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are wonderful. Everyone is knowledgeable in their content area i.e., front office administration, documentation, compliance, billing, development, and IT. As a contract employee I appreciate the flexibility of my schedule and lack of micromanagement from above. There is opportunity to stay as busy as I want to be. The EMR software is evolving and has potential to be the best!

Cons

Lots of change going on in upper management. Not a lot of communication down stream.

Advice to Management

As a former user and a current trainer of the EMR software, I hear what the clients are asking for... please listen. Some of the items have been on "the list" since the product was in Beta stages. Please listen and respond on what users are asking for.

There are lots of great ideas (EMR & apps) bouncing around OptimisCorp... stay focused on one idea and when it is place and working well move on to the next.... sometimes it feels as though there are too many balls being juggled.